Leveraging the Gig Economy
Ready or not, the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the gig economy business model. In turn, this has increased the reliance on flexible work to create additional income, build supplemental savings, and sustain lifestyle.
This session will discuss the rapid change in the way employees and employers are conducting their work and will address the following:
- Are you prepared for this shift?
- Are you leveraging the opportunities and managing the challenges that the gig economy is offering?
- Are you slipping behind others in the competitive marketplace?
Today, it’s important to understand how to quickly pivot so that you can leverage the changing demand in the business and corporate sectors.
If you haven’t given much thought to the digital workforce, consider this:
- More than 76% of companies today use some form of agile worker
- It is estimated that approximately 85% of the jobs that today’s learners will be doing in 2030 have yet to be invented
- 4% of gig employers say it’s easier to get approval to hire a contractor than a full-time employee
- 50% of youths (16-24) and 48% of seniors (65+) participate in independent work
- Business ownership is on the rise
- Over 1 million business start-ups are launched every year
- 65% of new owners said they started a business so they can have control and flexibility
Join us to learn more about the gig economy and how to position yourself to create opportunities.
About Kristina Hawfield
Kristina’s corporate experience blended with entrepreneurial exposure, informs her deep understanding of the mindset of professionals pursuing an exit strategy through business ownership. She is passionate about empowering others to live fulfilling and financially rewarding lives.
About Todd Pfister
Todd is the Managing Director of FranNet MidAmerica and Co-Founder of TP4 Advisors, a fractional accounting and CFO service provider. He has more than 30 years of experience in finance, corporate development, M&A, operations, sales, and human resources, delivering top and bottom-line results across a broad range of industries, and serves as a leading regional business resource. Todd’s numerous business and community advisory roles include serving as past president and board member of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) and member of the University of Cincinnati’s Kolodzik Business Scholars (KBS) advisory board. Todd was honored with the John F. Barrett Entrepreneur Vision Award from the Entrepreneurs’ Organization of Cincinnati and LEAD Tribune Media Group in 2017.